- Airbag volume : 150L
- Weight of 30 Liters Backpack without cylinder: 2.4 Kg
- Weight of 30 Liters Backpack with cylinder: 3 kg
- Backpack fabric: Cordura 500 deniers
- Temperature of use range: -30C° - 50 C°
- Cartridge gas: Breathable dry air
- Gas cylinder pressure: 207 bars (3000 PSI)
- Refillable Tank (unlike other versions)
- 30 liter pack
- Loop strap around leg so no strangulation from chest strap occurs
- Offers incredible safety from trauma
- Creates an air pocket if buried
- Legal in the United States
- Back Pack is simple with a tool compartment and a main compartment.
- 100% survival rate among avalanche victims so far
- Bag is reusable
- Durable metal waist buckle
- Over $1000 retail
- Can only be used in the snow-pulse pack
- Not widely available in the United States
No other system protects against trauma and suffocation like the snow pulse air bag. Although it is quite pricey, most people pay that much for a pair of skis, yet this air bag appears to be the better investment for your safety.
Hopefully as the air bag gets more popular with backcountry skiers the price will go down and more options will become available.
Obviously no product can replace good old fashion knowledge and prudence, but some times things go bad in the mountains, and when they do, I would feel a lot better if I had a Snow Pulse Air Bag on my back.
Check out their website at www.snowpulse.com.