1. What information do we collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Several of the services and features that we offer require you to provide us with information as a condition of usage.
We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name and email when you provide it to us.
2. What is our practice regarding cookies?
Your internet browser has a feature called cookies, which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to www.skiingthebackcountry.com. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of our sites, although use of certain features and areas may require cookies. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information, in which case we use the information to enhance your services. By adjusting your settings on your browser, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected.
We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our site, and information about pages you visited.
- Keeping count of return visits to our site;
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web-site and advertisement usage;
- Determining which features our overall user population likes best;
- Saving your username and/or password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our sites;
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content based on your interests.
We do not allow other companies that are presenting advertisements to use
tracking technology on your computer.
3. How does we share the information?
Personally identifiable information
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation.
- When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
5. What are my options?
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services without registering.
8. Privacy of children
We are not directed to children under the age of 18.